Kanazawa trip in Ishikawa


I visited Kanazawa in autumn, when the leaves were changing colors and creating a beautiful scenery. It was a solo trip for three days and two nights, and I enjoyed exploring the city and its culture.



On the first day, I arrived at Kanazawa Station by train. The station is very impressive, with a huge wooden gate and a glass dome. I took a bus to my hotel, which was near the Kenrokuen Garden. After checking in, I decided to walk to the garden and see the autumn foliage. Kenrokuen is one of the most famous gardens in Japan, and it was stunning. There were many ponds, bridges, lanterns, and trees with red, yellow, and orange leaves. I spent a couple of hours there, taking photos and admiring the views. I also visited the nearby Kanazawa Castle, which was rebuilt after a fire in the 19th century. The castle has white walls and black roofs, and it looks very elegant.




On the second day, I went to the Higashi Chaya District, which is a historic area with old wooden houses and tea shops. I had a matcha tea and a wagashi (Japanese sweet) at one of the shops, and then I walked around the streets. I saw some geisha (traditional entertainers) walking by, wearing kimono and makeup. They looked very graceful and mysterious. I also visited the Shima House, which is a former geisha house that is now a museum. I learned about the history and lifestyle of geisha in Kanazawa.




On the third day, I went to the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, which is a modern art museum with various exhibits and installations. I saw some interesting works by Japanese and international artists, such as a swimming pool that looks like it has water but is actually empty, and a room full of colorful dots that change colors depending on the angle. I had fun interacting with some of the artworks and seeing different perspectives.




After that, I went back to Kanazawa Station and took the train to Tokyo. I had a wonderful time in Kanazawa, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves nature, history, and art. It was a perfect autumn trip for me.

Comments

Popular Posts