Osaka trip


I went to Osaka for three days and two nights by myself. It was my second time in Japan, and I was eager to experience the lively and modern atmosphere of this city. Here is my blog about my trip.




Day 1: 

I arrived at Osaka Station in the afternoon, and took a subway to my hotel near Dotonbori, the famous entertainment district. I checked in and left my luggage, then headed out to explore the city. My first stop was Osaka Castle, one of the most iconic landmarks in Osaka. The castle is surrounded by a moat and a park, and has a museum inside that displays the history and culture of Osaka. The castle also has an observation deck that offers a great view of the city skyline.



After Osaka Castle, I walked to Shinsaibashi, a shopping street that has many stores and restaurants. I enjoyed browsing through the various goods and souvenirs, and bought some takoyaki (octopus balls) and okonomiyaki (savory pancake) from a street vendor. They were very hot and delicious.



I spent the evening in Dotonbori, where I was amazed by the neon lights, giant signs, and crowds of people. I saw the famous Glico Man sign, which shows a runner crossing a finish line. I also visited Hozenji Temple, which is a small and peaceful oasis in the middle of the bustling city. The temple has a statue of Fudo Myoo, a Buddhist deity, that is covered with moss and water from people's prayers.


I had dinner at a kushikatsu (deep-fried skewers) restaurant near Dotonbori, where I tried some different kinds of meat, seafood, and vegetables. They were very crispy and tasty. I also had some beer and sake (rice wine) to go with them.



Day 2: 

I got up early and took a train to Universal Studios Japan, a theme park that has many attractions and shows based on movies and characters. I bought a ticket online in advance, so I could skip the long lines at the entrance.



I had a lot of fun at Universal Studios Japan. I rode some thrilling roller coasters like Hollywood Dream and Flying Dinosaur. I also enjoyed some 4D rides like Spider-Man and Jurassic Park. I also visited some themed areas like Harry Potter, Minions, and Sesame Street. I also watched some shows like WaterWorld and Terminator 2.


I had lunch at a restaurant in Universal Studios Japan, where I had some pizza and salad. They were very fresh and satisfying.


In the afternoon, I continued to explore Universal Studios Japan. I rode some more rides like Jaws and Back to the Future. I also met some characters like Snoopy, Hello Kitty, and Woody Woodpecker. I also bought some souvenirs like T-shirts, mugs, and keychains.


I spent the evening at Universal City Walk, a shopping and dining area outside Universal Studios Japan. I had dinner at a ramen shop there, where I had a bowl of tonkotsu ramen (noodles in pork broth). It was very rich and flavorful.


Day 3: 

I checked out of my hotel and took a subway to Umeda, the business and commercial center of Osaka. My first destination was Umeda Sky Building, a skyscraper that has an observation deck that offers a panoramic view of Osaka. The observation deck is connected by two bridges that cross over an atrium. It was very impressive and scenic.



Next, I visited Hep Five, a shopping mall that has a giant red Ferris wheel on its roof. The Ferris wheel has 52 gondolas that can accommodate up to four people each. The ride takes about 15 minutes, and gives a nice view of the city.


I had lunch at a restaurant in Hep Five, where I had some sushi (rice topped with raw fish) and sashimi (sliced raw fish). They were very fresh and delicious.


In the afternoon, I took a train to Nara, an ancient city that was once the capital of Japan. Nara is famous for its temples, shrines, and deer. The deer roam freely around the city, and are considered sacred messengers of the gods.



I visited Todai-ji, a Buddhist temple that houses the largest bronze statue of Buddha in Japan. The statue is 15 meters tall and 28 meters wide, and sits inside a huge wooden hall. The temple also has some smaller statues of Buddha's disciples and guardians.


After Todai-ji, I walked to Nara Park, which is home to more than 1,000 deer. The deer are very friendly and tame, and will bow their heads if you feed them crackers that are sold by vendors. The deer are also very cute and photogenic.



I spent the evening in Nara Park, where I enjoyed the sunset and the peaceful atmosphere. I also visited Kasuga Taisha, a Shinto shrine that is famous for its lanterns. The shrine has more than 3,000 lanterns that are made of stone, bronze, and metal. The lanterns are lit twice a year, during the Lantern Festival in February and August.


I had dinner at a restaurant near Nara Park, where I had some kaiseki (traditional multi-course meal) and nabe (hot pot). They were very elegant and delicious.


I boarded my train and said goodbye to Osaka and Nara. It was a wonderful trip that I will never forget. I experienced a lot of fun, excitement, and culture in these two cities. I also met some nice people who made me feel welcome. I hope to come back someday and see more of this amazing country.

Comments

Popular Posts